No1 Bed & Breakfast Access Statement
No1 is a large granite cottage built in the early 1800's decorated in a mix of contemporary and shabby chic styles. We have 4 guest rooms situated on the first floor with owner's accommodation on the ground floor. We are 5 minute walk from the town centre with all its amenities and beaches. Two of our rooms have distant ocean views towards St Ives Bay and Godrevy lighthouse. Off road car parking is available for 4 cars (1 space per room), 1 opposite the property with 3 others less than a minutes walk away. No1 is situated part way up a hill and although we will try to accommodate those guests with limited mobility or require the use of a wheelchair due to our location access may be unsuitable.
All of our rooms are accessed via a staircase of 13 steps. Our rooms are all en-suite, with 3 rooms having showers and 1 room having a bath with shower over. We have rooms with Super Kingsize, Kingsize, Standard Double & Single beds.
- No1 is located on a main road ensuring easy access to the property by car.
- If using Sat Nav or GPS we are located at TR26 1QP.
- The beaches of St Ives are a 5/10 minute walk away
- The main centre of St Ives is located a 5 minute walk away.
- The nearest shop (Co-Op) which is located 300 metres away.
- The bus stop to Penzance or Truro is located 400 metres away.
- St Ives train station is located 1000 metres away.
- Local taxi companies are DJ Cars on 01736 796633 and Ace Taxis on 01736 797799.
- Our website shows additional information and photographs on www.no1stives.co.uk
- We can be contacted by email, telephone or post.
- Please inform us of any specific dietary requirements before arrival and we shall endeavour to provide any suitable alternatives to our menu.
- The house has gas central heating.
- The duvets and pillows are a mix of hungarian goose down & feather and hypoalergenic with quality bed linen and towels.
- All beds have mattress and pillow protectors.
- The house is strictly non-smoking.
- There are mains smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
- There is WI-FI internet access.
- Energy saving down lighters and lamps are used in the bedrooms and bathrooms.
Arrival and car parking
- Please be advised that check-in time is between 4-6pm.
- Guests will be directed to car parking on arrival
- Directions to No1 will be sent out with a booking confirmation letter.
- We have information and leaflets on local attraction
- The main ground floor entrance has a single 160mm upward step that leads in to the tiled vestibule and kitchen area with a 140mm downward step to guest areas.
- The garden entrance has a single 160mm upward / downward step leading inward to a tiled hallway with staircase leading to first floor and downward to a slightly downward sloped path leading 20mtrs to a 20cm downward step to garden gate exit / entrance.
- The width of the external entrance door is 91cm, the internal door widths are 75cm. Garden entrance door is 85cm wide.
- All bedrooms are carpeted and the shower rooms are tiled.
- From the hallway there are13 steps up to and down from the four bedrooms.
- All bedrooms have privacy blinds.
- Three bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms with enclosed showers with a17cm step up into shower, WC, heated towel rail, hand basin with mirror and light with shaver socket over. One bedroom has a bath with shower over with 55cm step in to bath to shower. All four bedrooms have two bedside tables, two bedside lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe, i-pod docking station / radio / alarm clock, hairdryer, flat screen TV and DVD player.
- All bedrooms have tea and coffee making facilities with a selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room, breakfast tray is available in bedrooms for early departures or weather permitting served outside in the garden.
- There is Wi-Fi internet access and also a selection of leaflets for tourist attractions and a small library of CD's, DVD's and board games.
- Food is sourced both organically & locally as much as possible
- To the front of the property is a wide pavement.
- There is a garden area with seating for guests to use at any time.
- We have a re-cycling system for all newspapers, magazines, card, bottles, tins & plastics.
- Check-out is by 10.30am.
- Balances are due for payment on departure. We accept cash or cards.
- Debit / Credit cards incur no fee but Amex & Debit/Credit business cards incur a 5% fee.
Simon & Anna Bray, 1 Fern Glen, St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 1QP.
Telephone: (+44) 01736 799047
Business Hours: 08.00hrs - 22.00hrs